Skip to main content

Pavlo Yemelianov's intrview with Oleg Piskunov-owner of sorting factory.


Greetings, below you will find an interview taken from Oleg Piskunov, entrepreneur here in Cracow


Q: Would you tell what are you doing, maybe short description and main ideas of your business?

A: Well, we run waste sorting factory here, just outside the Cracow. We are buying waste in Ukraine, transport it to Poland to our factory, sort it out and find customers on the final product.

Q: Oh wow, that is really interesting and not common business to me. But why the waste recycling, what are the main factors to do it?

A: There are several things. Firstly, it is profitable of course. Ukraine has a lot of extra waste because of lack in the recycling and segregation area. And the second thing is we are helping to preserve nature. It is nice to know that you are doing your part in saving eco-system.

Q: That’s a combination of two really good things. But where did you get the idea of starting it?

A: It is quite easy. It is very fast-growing and popular business trend in the whole world. So I just thought why don’t I give it a try too.

Q: Can you give an example of successes?

A: It is hard for me to name a success, because it is matters how you define it. But I can tell that we are doing fairly great these days. Number of contracts from Ukraine and Europe are constantly growing. 

Q: That’s for success and what about challenges?

A: It is essential that difference in time between delivery of raw waste and dispatching of assorted waste stays minimal. If we can’t follow that rule, many troubles with stocking may occur. 

Q: That was interesting. Any insights on how you are making money, sources of price?

A: Nothing too complicated. Most of the revenue comes directly from contracts made with our customers.

Q: Then one last question, how long are you on the market?

A: Well, although idea and first plans came much earlier, I would say that our business started back in spring of 2017, so roughly 2 years as for now.

Thank you so much for your time and the interview Mr. Oleg.  Hope the readers will find something interesting for them or will take some notes for their own business.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Romain Rebour, The Official Representative Of French Tech Community In Poland

Romain is the founder and CEO of FRENCH4DEV, a fastgrowing software house in krakow http://french4dev.com Hello Romain, thank you so much for agreeing to meet me and do this interview. - Johnny: why did you decide to become entrepreneur?   - Romain: Since the end of my studies I wanted to become an entrepreneur. I've studied international Management and during my studies, I had the chance to have an internship for two years in Siemens and I was in direct contact with the main manager of Simmons in France and I liked the way he was managing, I liked what he was doing, so I was thinking 'why not me one day?'. And to be an entrepreneur I had to gain knowledge and be sure of where I go. So why to be an entrepreneur?! Because to get out of big corporations and be my own boss and make my own decisions and have the impact I want. So that was the goal.   - Johnny: Are you planning to become a big corporation?   - Romain: Well, we will see but for now I don't kno