Skip to main content

"Follow your passion, no matter what". Interview with Sławomir Mikos- translator and language teacher.

1. How did you get your idea or concept for the business? 

I had language teaching background and I was into language teaching and not into translations. I didn't just get the idea of opening a translation the business, it was an evolution. I worked in the language industry and more and more people were asking to provide them with translation services so I did and it is how the company grew. Initially we provided just one language and then we moved on to deliver translations into more languages on as needed basis. New customers appeared and we extended the range of service. 

2. What's your company's goals?

Make money in a sustainable way. Keep everyone happy and provide quality service. Stay away from trouble :) But also be fair with customers and partners. Innovate and be creative.

3. What is unique about your business?

Aside form good quality product we provided quick response, minimum formalities translation service. Flexibility has also always been our domain but with time we have become less flexible :) This happened mainly to achieve a better work and life balance. 

4. How did you find your customers?

The Internet has always been a tool to find customers. Targeted Adwords campaigns, optimized, responsive website. On top of that of course a  word of mouth recommendation. We have always stayed away from  more 'traditional'  means of finding customers such as placing ads in press or placing billboards or giving away flyers. 

5. What sacrifices you had to made?

Working long hours, taking your laptop on vacations, answering phone calls late in the evenings, being available all the time - these would be the main sacrifices. Generally what is sacrificed is plenty of your time and you must find balance in it or you might end up being tied up by work all the time. 

6. If you had a piece of advice to someone just starting out, what would it be?

Follow your passion, do not be afraid, have enthusiasm in what you do and try to serve value to customers. Also try to find outside sources of financing and don't be afraid of formalities - many people are afraid of those and that stops them from making a move. 

7. What inspires you?

Successful people have always inspired me, successful in the American Dream type of meaning. Those who innovate and are determined.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Romain Rebour, The Official Representative Of French Tech Community In Poland

Romain is the founder and CEO of FRENCH4DEV, a fastgrowing software house in krakow http://french4dev.com Hello Romain, thank you so much for agreeing to meet me and do this interview. - Johnny: why did you decide to become entrepreneur?   - Romain: Since the end of my studies I wanted to become an entrepreneur. I've studied international Management and during my studies, I had the chance to have an internship for two years in Siemens and I was in direct contact with the main manager of Simmons in France and I liked the way he was managing, I liked what he was doing, so I was thinking 'why not me one day?'. And to be an entrepreneur I had to gain knowledge and be sure of where I go. So why to be an entrepreneur?! Because to get out of big corporations and be my own boss and make my own decisions and have the impact I want. So that was the goal.   - Johnny: Are you planning to become a big corporation?   - Romain: Well, we will see but for now I don't kno