Skip to main content

Interview with Kamil Glica – founder of KG MOTUS - a company dealing in the regeneration of automatic couplings

1.Where did the idea for starting your own business come from?

Well, before I set up my company, I’d worked in the same trade but I strongly wanted to earn money by myself and for myself. In my previous job I was ‘right hand’ of my boss and  I realised that I could be appropriate person to be the boss.

2. What were the beginnings of starting and running your own company?

As you can imagine, beginnings are hard but I had a lot of knowlegde how to cope with problems and how to fix it in the best way. I have  great accountant who helped me in legal regulations and great friends who I could count on everyday.

3. Who are the clients of your company?

Mostly individual clients who has problems with their cars but I work also with international companies (maliny from the UK, Slovakia and Germany)  that give me temporary orders for big amount of repairs or regeneration of couplings.

4. How did you imagine being an entrepreneur before starting a business?

I thought that I would answers phones and watch progress of my work but it doesn’t look like that at all.

5. Is it good to have your own company? Is it profitable? Is this a lucrative occupation?

If it gives joy, happiness and a sense of accomplishment - of course it is worth it. If it is a burden and a problem that generates only stress - it is not worth it. In my case set up my business was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made.

6. What is the purpose of your company's activities, mission and vision of your company's development? What else has been achieved?

First of all, I set up my company to make money. Now, I’d like to develop my business and introduce it to the international market. I want that people who need my service associate  my company and  know that service we provide is the best and people can trust my.

7. Have you met with the statement that the entrepreneur is working 24 hours / day? How much truth is there?

Yes, I have met with this statement and think it is true. Holidays are the worst because my wife is always angry with me when I have to answer the phone (laughing).

8. What is the most important thing in running a business?

The most imporant is to know the market and customers' needs. This two things and your own idea and stubbornness in pursuing the goal.

9. If you could turn back time, what would you change in running your company?

I think that I wouldn’t change anything. I am proud of the fact that I came to this place and only thing I want to do is to develop and be happy of my great individual success.

10. What would you advise people who would like to start a business?

Do not give up, listen to the hints, but always have your own opinion. There are no problems to solve. We are able to deal with everything. Plan well the entire implementation process, learn and act. If you want, you can do everything!
Thank you so much for the talk.
9. If you could turn back time, what would you change in running a company?
10. What would you advise people who would like to start a business?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Romain Rebour, The Official Representative Of French Tech Community In Poland

Romain is the founder and CEO of FRENCH4DEV, a fastgrowing software house in krakow http://french4dev.com Hello Romain, thank you so much for agreeing to meet me and do this interview. - Johnny: why did you decide to become entrepreneur?   - Romain: Since the end of my studies I wanted to become an entrepreneur. I've studied international Management and during my studies, I had the chance to have an internship for two years in Siemens and I was in direct contact with the main manager of Simmons in France and I liked the way he was managing, I liked what he was doing, so I was thinking 'why not me one day?'. And to be an entrepreneur I had to gain knowledge and be sure of where I go. So why to be an entrepreneur?! Because to get out of big corporations and be my own boss and make my own decisions and have the impact I want. So that was the goal.   - Johnny: Are you planning to become a big corporation?   - Romain: Well, we will see but for now I don't kno